museum-digitalrheinland-pfalz

Close

Search museums

Close

Search collections

Museum SchPIRA Judaica (Dauerausstellung) [HM 406; HM 407]

Doppelbogenfenster, 1104

Doppelbogenfenster, 1104 (Historisches Museum der Pfalz, Speyer CC BY-NC-SA)
Provenance/Rights: Historisches Museum der Pfalz, Speyer / Peter Haag-Kirchner (CC BY-NC-SA)

Description

Die beiden Doppelbogenfenster stammen aus der Westwand der mittelalterlichen Synagoge. Sie überstanden die Zerstörungen während der Pogrome 1195 und 1349, den Umbau im gotischen Stil im 13. Jahrhundert, das Ende der jüdischen Gemeinde zu Beginn des 16. Jahrhunderts und sogar den Pfälzischen Erbfolgekrieg 1689 nahezu unbeschadet an Ort und Stelle. Erst 1899, als ein Neubau an der Westwand errichtet wurde, kamen die Fenster ins Historische Museum der Pfalz. Die annähernd 800 Jahre lange Zeitspanne der Nutzung hinterließ ihre Zeichen in Form von Brandspuren. Hölzerne Fensterrahmen mit der ursprünglichen Verglasung überdauerten die Zeit dagegen nicht.

Created ...
... when

Relation to places ...

Relation to time ...

Literature ...

Tags

 /> </a><a href= /> </a><a href=

[Relationship to location]
Speyer
8.432006835937549.318557739608db_images_gestaltung/generalsvg/Event-22.svg0.0622
[Relationship to location]
Synagoge Speyer
8.439635038375849.316396672074db_images_gestaltung/generalsvg/Event-22.svg0.0622
Map
[Relation to time] [Relation to time]
0500 - 1500
Created Created
1104
499 1502

[Last update: 2015/06/01]

Usage and citation

Cite this page
The textual information presented here is free for non-commercial usage if the source is named. (Creative Commons Lizenz 3.0, by-nc-sa) Please name as source not only the internet representation but also the name of the museum.
Rights for the images are shown below the large images (which are accessible by clicking on the smaller images). If nothing different is mentioned there the same regulation as for textual information applies.
Any commercial usage of text or image demands communication with the museum.